|Fine ground Norlo coffee
Basic Espresso Brewing Guide
- Remove the portafilter from the group head – twist from right to left until it dislodges.
- Flush the grouphead for two to three seconds.
- Empty the portafilter (if it isn’t already empty) and make sure there isn’t any leftover residue or moisture.
- Measure up your coffee: use scales for exact results.
- Pop the coffee in the portafilter, level it out with a light shake or a dosing tool.
- Tamp the coffee: use a hand tamper to firmly compress the grounds and level them out. This will force out any air pockets and create a longer extraction process.
- Clean the rim of the portafilter and spouts, and purge the grouphead.
- Lock the portafilter into the grouphead by twisting it from left to right, and select the cup.
- As soon as the portafilter is in, start the water flow. You have three to five seconds to put the cup under the spouts.
- Keep an eye on the extraction time of your espresso – this will vary according to taste.
- When your espresso’s poured, stop the water flow.