A Basic Brewing Guide for Bialetti Moka Pot Coffee
- While the kettle’s boiling, grind your coffee. Not too finely!
- Remove the top of the Moka Pot and basket. Fill the bottom with hot water (not cold – increased contact time with water will extract the bitter elements), making sure the level stays below the safety valve.
- Put your ground coffee in the basket and level it out without patting it down.
- Place the basket back in the Moka pot, with the spout down.
- Screw the top onto the bottom. Careful, it’ll be hot.
- Then, put the pot over a low to medium heat.
- When the pot starts gurgling, you’re in luck – your coffee’s good to go. Take it off the heat and serve.